Polishing concrete has significantly grown its demand as the ultimate material for no-wax floors. A polishing service provider can restore your existing concrete floors to a high-gloss finish that requires little to no maintenance. Nowadays, homeowners, office facilities and warehouses are all opting for this method.
If you are also looking to turn your old floor into a new shiny one, then you can contact Polished Concrete Specialists. They are an Australian company that has been in this business since 1997 and has been trying to seek new techniques for improving their product and process. They tailor the restoration project according to the needs of the customer. Furthermore, they pride themselves on their high values and customer need satisfaction.
What is polished concrete?
Polished concrete is the product of the existing concrete being ground down using heavy-duty machinery to your desired gloss, finish, and smoothness. The process is very similar to sanding wood.
Where can we use polished concrete?
Polished concrete can be used in places such as:
- Private homes
- Automobile showrooms
- Retail Stores
- Hotels and restaurants
- Warehouses and warehouse outlets
- Office facilities
Benefits of polished concrete
The following are a few benefits of polished concrete and the reasons that it has gained popularity.
- Cost-saving: It is cost-saving as the original slab is being used. It is a renovation project, not a replacement one.
- Longer durability: The polished floors are not so vulnerable to any damages and don’t require many repairs.
- Easy to clean: These floors do not harbor any kind of dust, dirt or allergens, which may prove to be harmful or allergic to any person.
- More resistant to foot traffic: The office floors won’t lose its shine or even get many scratches as the floor is resistant to the foot traffic or scrapping of the shoes.
- Less maintenance: These types of floors are easier to clean, as they only require a sweep or a quick damp mopping. You also don’t have to spend time, material expenses, and labor expenses for waxing or coating the floors.
- Resistant to moisture: The polished cement does not have any moisture transmission issues that usually occur with other flooring material such as tile.
- High light reflectivity: This is especially a plus point for public facilities such as hotels, restaurants, and offices. The reflective surface projects a clean and professional look for the facility.
- Sustainable alternative: The polished concrete does not require the use of any additional coatings or waxes, which are usually hazardous in nature.
Cost of polished concrete
The cost for polished concrete is determined by the region, preparation, square footage, and the complexity of the project such as the design ideas. It costs about $12 to $13 per square foot. However, in the long term, the costs for polished concrete decrease as it a low-maintenance alternative to other flooring materials.
In comparison to other flooring material, polished concrete ranks higher in performance, durability, and sustainability. However, you must carefully choose the right kind of polished concrete with necessary dyes or coatings as you require. Furthermore, it is always smart to let a professional handle it than doing it yourself.